APPLICATIONS Closed for January project but OPEN for futures projects. Please be patient with reply. Busy plotting Jan tour :o)
Do you want to run away and join the circus? SPARK! CIRCUS seeks an international team of volunteer circus teachers & performers for its upcoming tours in Thailand.
Tour Dates: January, February 2019
Location: Koh Samui, Koh Phagnan, Bangkok & Mae Sot, Thailand
Who We Want
We are looking for 6 teachers/performers with experience in one or more of the following:
- Teaching a circus, theatrical, or production skill, especially:
- Hula hoop
- Acrobatics/ tumbling
- Act creation
- Stage/set design/construction
- Working with children of all ages
- Performing for a general audience of children and families
- Playing and creative imagining
- Developing shows on a very low budget
- Being a cooperative & reliable team player (especially under pressure)
- Travelling in developing countries, particularly Thailand and SE Asia
- Improvising in the moment with flexibility and resilience when plans change
- Speaking Thai or Burmese – or teaching without language
- Being healthy, well-balanced, & happy
As we are becoming more focussed on teaching skills and running longer programs with the children, we ask you to provide us with video footage of you teaching a skill with no language. This skill is essential for you to become a member of spark circus. It needs to be one skill and no longer than 5 minutes. This can be with either a student live or casually to the viewer.
The selection process
Once we have received your application form and are satisfied with it’s completion, we will contact you for a skype interview.
We will let you know asap after your skype interview.
We are only a small team of 8-10 and are very dedicated to having a wide selection of skills so please do not be disheartened if you do not make the team.
More About the Project
Please check our updates on personal budget as there have been changes made this year.
Cost: Approximately $400-500/person (lodging, food & other essentials) + transportation to Thailand*
How to Apply
Fill in the application form below!
Please attach your CV/ resume
If any more questions or problems :
Send an e-mail to [email protected]
[contact-form-7 id=”2159″ title=”alberto test”]
* $500 is an estimate of your costs for lodging, food, and other essentials. It will vary depending on your personal needs; please see the volunteer details for information. We hope to help defray the costs of our volunteers but if we cannot raise sufficient funds, expect to outlay approximately this much.