We are undergoing a transformation for the 2016 tour – all teaching, no fire! We’re going to work intensively with selected students in Burmese migrant schools and other refugee facilities in Mae Sot, Thailand, to teach them skills and ideas to create their own circus show. Do you want to be part of the team?
Spark Circus 2016
12 January – 12 February 2016
optional fundraising tour 13 – 19 February
Bangkok, Mae Sot, & Koh Samui, Thailand
Call for Volunteers
We are looking for 6 teachers/performers with experience in the following:
- Teaching a circus, theatrical, or production skill, especially
- Act creation
- Stage/set design/construction
- Working with children of all ages
- Performing for a general audience of children and families
- Playing and creative imagining
- Developing shows on a very low budget
- Being a cooperative & reliable team player (especially under pressure)
- Travelling in developing countries, particularly Thailand and SE Asia
- Improvising in the moment with flexibility and resilience when plans change
- Speaking Thai or Burmese – or teaching without language
- Being healthy, well-balanced, & happy
Want to know more? Before you apply, read about a typical day, get a ton of volunteer details and put the important dates on your calendar.
How to Apply
If this sounds like your kind of volunteerism, please get in touch by July 24, 2015! Send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following details:
- CV or resume of your relevant experience
- Short video clip or demo reel of you in action (performing or teaching)
- Why you want to join Spark’s 2016 tour & how you found us.
- Scan or clear photo of your passport’s information page
We will review everyone’s application, choose a team that rocks our tour, and be in touch with everyone in late August.
wonderfull you will come back to mae sot, every body asked for the spark circus in january 2015, you missed a lot!! welcome… irène Devo from Menglaba